Health Services

Patient Administration

The Patient Administrative Division (PAD) is committed to supporting the needs of Kenner Army Health Clinic's beneficiaries.  PAD provides a wide range of administrative functions for Kenner Army Health Clinic.  Our services include outpatient medical records, coding, release of information, patient affairs and medical evaluation boards.  PAD is responsible for maintaining your inpatient medical records according to Department of Defense and federal regulations and will provide you with copies of your medical documentation upon request. 
Patient Affairs
Manages all personnel actions in accordance with applicable DoD and Army policies.  

Services Provided:
Line of Duty initiations or assistance
Allergy tag creation
Convalescent leave processing
International Military  Liaison Support
Location: (on the 2nd floor room D200)
Hours of Operation:  Mon - Fri: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 
Phone:  804-734-9299
Outpatient Records                                                                   
Manages all outpatient records through custody control and maintenance in accordance with applicable DoD and Army policies.  

Services Provided:
Register new patients into electronic records system
Make corrections (name changes, etc.) to patient information in the record
Process Service Treatment Records and Non-Service Treatment Records 
Location: (on the 1st floor next to the KAHC Cafe)
Hours of Operation:  Mon - Fri: 7:30 a.m. - noon, 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. 
Phone:  804-734-9283
IAW DOD Instructions, dated 10 June 2004, Army medical records will remain in the custody of the Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) at all times and will not be hand carried by the patient.  
Release of Information (ROI)
Services Provided:  The release of information office is responsible for obtaining records from previous duty station, duplication of records (i.e. personal copies, insurance requests, legal requests, and copies for VA claims).  Patrons are entitled to one free copy of their medical record, per AR 40-66.  Due to the large volume of requests, customers requesting duplication of their medical records should submit their requests in writing no less than 6-8 weeks in advance.  
Location:  (on the 1st floor next to the KAHC Cafe)
Hours of Operation:   Mon - Fri:  7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone:  804-734-9508/9078
Fax Number:  804-734-9594

Please Note: Medical Records are the property of the United States Government and are maintained for the benefit of the patient.  Release of Information staff have the responsibility for ensuring all medical records held in their custody are safeguarded from loss or tampering, and that the information in the records is released only to authorized individuals.
Frequently Asked Questions ROI 
Can Kenner Army Health Clinic (KAHC) fax my records to another doctor or hospital?
  • No, not unless the patient has a Tricare Referral for continuation of care. 
  • Most civilian care providers do not require a patient's entire medical record for a visit.
Do you need a copy of your medical record?
  • Visit the Release of Information office, Room B-103 and complete a DD Form 2870 (Complete Copy of Records).pdf.
  • Per AR 40-66, when you ETS or retire, the record remains property of the government, however Army transitioning soldiers will receive one digital copy/PDF via SAFE.
  • You should request a copy of your record a minimum of 90 days prior to your ETS or retirement date.
  • You may also request a copy of dependent(s) records, under age 18, a minimum of 30 days prior to separation from service.
How may I obtain my medical records from a civilian facility or physician?
  • You must obtain the complete mailing address and telephone number for that facility.
  • Bring the information to the Release of Information office located in Medical Records in order to process the request.
  • When the information is received by KAHC, it will be placed in your government medical records.
Please note:  Civilian facilities are allowed under HIPAA to charge a reasonable fee for coping your records.  You are responsible to pay that fee.
How do I request my medical records from another military facility?
  • Visit the Release of Information office and complete a DD 877.pdf.
Services Provided: For Soldiers in the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES)/Medical Evaluation Board Process
Physical evaluation board liaison (PEBLO) support
VA Vocation Rehab assistance
VA Military Service Coordinator support
Office of the Soldier Counsel Legal assistance during MEB process
Location:  (on the 2nd floor room D200)
Hours of Operation:   Mon - Fri:  8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
          Tues and Thurs: 1:00 to 3:00 PEBLO walk-in hours all others by appointment
Phone:  IDES Supervisor Mr. Rodriguez 804-734-9319

Contact Us

Patient Administration




Deputy Chief: 

HIPAA Officer: Alternate

Contact Reps:

804-734-9604 ADO




Medical Records:

Nurse Advice Line
1-800-TRICARE, option #1

7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

700 24th Street
Fort Gregg-Adams, VA 23801

Need to Update Your Information in DEERS? Click Here